Sunday, November 25, 2007

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

This month has been a fun one. On the 16th Jude and I took the girls to Bridge Street Town Centre to see the Christmas tree lighting ceremony. We really enjoyed it. The Christmas tree was 50 feet tall! It was very beautiful. There were carolers singing and people were standing on the rooftops sprinkling snow down on us. I think we might make it an annual tradition. My dad, my stepmom Jeanne and my stepbrother Jon were there as well. Afterwards I took Evie on the carousel. She had so much fun. She was giggling with pleasure the entire time. She didn't like it when I took her down though. And wouldn't you know that Jude and I forgot to bring our camera!
Jude and I set up our Christmas tree last Sunday (yes, I know it was a bit early, but we were in the holiday spirit...plus the girls were down for a nap!) Our living room is so much more cozy now, especially thanks to Jared and Debbie who gave us their old entertainment center. We love it. The girls really like the tree. Evie has been pulling down the ball ornaments and putting them up to her ear like earrings. We've been having to put the ornaments higher and higher on the tree so she can't reach them. It looks pretty funny. Evie also likes to sing Jingle Bells and she has become obsessed with the holiday stuffed animals and toys we brought down when we were decorating.
The Thanksgiving holidays were a lot of fun. Jude let me spend the entire day away on Wednesday. I went over to my dad's and hung out. I am making Jude's Christmas present (we'll see if I get it done by then), so I worked on that a little and then I gave myself a manicure and pedicure. It was a nice and relaxing day for me. I hadn't been away from the girls in so long. I love my babies, but I needed the break! On Thursday my brothers came up for the day. We ate tons of food and played some Trivial Pursuit. I made the cornbread dressing and cranberry relish. My dad made 15 pies! Everything was yummy. On Friday my sister and other brother and their families came up. Once again we ate tons of food and we played Catch Phrase. It was so nice spending time with my family. I wish everyone lived closer so we could see them more often. I am already looking forward to Christmas!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Jarom and I missed the tree lighting but were there the next night and that tree is so pretty! Christmas will be here before we know it!

Cari said...

Doesn't a Christmas tree just put you in the best mood?!

Debbie made your cranberry relish for our meal and it was crazy yummy and I am not a huge cranberry fan.

Debbie said...

I didn't even know about the tree lighting!! That sounds like fun! I haven't even been to Bridge Street yet! I have to go soon! How much was the carousel?