Friday, February 22, 2008

Mommy gross...

So, while I was sitting here at the computer Evie was looking at old pictures of Jude and I. There is a particular picture of us that was taken the day before Jude left on his mission. We had all gone out to eat at Denny's at 5 in the morning and so of course I didn't look particularly beautiful (plus I was emotional). I turn to Evie and she is pointing at the picture saying "Mommy gross, Mommy gross." So then I go on to say..."Aww, that isn't very nice. Mommy's pretty...doesn't Mommy look pretty (maybe this wasn't true, but she didn't have to know that). Evie just shook her head and said "no." I couldn't help but smile.

4 comments:

Cari said...

Gotta love an honest kid. My nephew Ty told my sister that her face looks fat when she wears a ball cap. Harsh.

Beth said...

Aww! My cousin Cody thought my freckles were dirt and was always trying to wipe them off. Kids are so funny.

Brandie Lyon said...

We want to see the "gross" picture.
My kids always tell me I look pregnant.

Debbie said...

aww.. haha I always wonder what Taylor thinks when I have no make up on and am wearing my glasses. I wonder if I look weird or just look like "Mommy." I guess I'll find out soon enough when she can talk to me and tell me what she's thinking... and then I'll probably wish I didn't know.. hah!