Sunday, March 30, 2008

Camouflage

Our oldest daughter Evie is amazing. We really could not have asked for a better behaved little girl, but all things are learned step by step, precept by precept, right? Well there are some precepts that Evie does not understand yet. But I am not complaining since it makes life exciting and I did not have to clean it up (thanks Ashley). My only regret is that we did not get a picture. Evie knows when her diaper is dirty and she is at the stage where she likes it to be changed when it is. When she wakes up in the morning, she gets up, wakes lisi up, and then plays in her room all happily. Sometimes she will yell from her room things like "Mommy/Daddy change-a diaper." We eventually drag ourselves out of bed and start the day. On this particular morning a pleasant surprise awaited Ashley. Evie was sitting naked on the floor with her diaper next to her. Not just an ordinary diaper though, a dirty diaper.... a dirty BROWN-STUFF diaper with a line drawn right through the middle of it where somebody had raked her finger through it. If you are two and you have paint on your finger, what do you do? You smear it across your face of course.... And so it was - Camouflage.

4 comments:

The Walker Family said...

Yukky!!! to us it is yukky, but to a two year old it is exploring! I love to read about your beautiful family. You are in store for alot more than just poopies! Consider yourself in boot camp training for when they get older.

Debbie said...

haha.. Ashley has already told me this story, and I hate to laugh because it would NOT be funny if I were in her shoes!! That's so gross! Taylor stuck her hand in poop while I was changing her diaper once and then proceeded to stick her hand in her mouth. There wasn't a lot on her hand but still-- YUCK!

Cari said...

Not looking forward to those days!

Unknown said...

ROFL...I love it! Drew was playing in the front yard one day while I was weeding the flower garden, and when I turned around to check on him, he has his pants around his ankles and was pooping in the front yard because "that's where the dog goes." The neighbors were all pointing and laughing...I was humiliated. I felt like some kind of red-neck, trashy mom. Kids are so awesome!