We have the family tradition of reading a few scripture verses with the girls every night before bed. I was reasonably certain that Evie was not retaining any of it as she is constantly looking everywhere and oftentimes begins speaking about random things during the reading. A few days ago I realized that she has been listening. If there was a phrase repeated over and over again in the Book of Mormon, what would it be? "And it came to pass..." A few days ago Evie began opening books and saying "And it came to pass" followed by incoherent ramblings. That really made me feel good to know that she was listening at least a little. Today, she said even more. I believe it is the cutest thing she has ever said. She grabbed a book, sat on the couch, opened the book, and pretended to read these words, "And it came to pass, the Lord say Nephi, go to bed!"
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's precious.
That is so sweet/adorable! What a good little girl!
haha... "go to bed!" so funny! It's amazing how they pick up on things.. even when you don't think they're getting it!
Lol... I bet you could hardly contain your laughter...
What a fun moment!
She'll totally love that story when she's older ;)
Post a Comment