Sunday, July 13, 2008

Just an update

An update about our little family. We are all healthy and happy. The girls recently suffered from a few days of fevers. It must have been some little bug. They just ran a fever for a few days and then all was well. Ashley was called as activities committee chairman. I meant chairperson: Ashley just informed me that she is not a man. I therefore would credit the next activity to Ashley's doing but I know that the ice-cream social was planned before she became activity committee chairlady. Lisi is finally starting to say "da" or "dada". We just can not get her to talk. She understands a lot of what we say but she still prefers to point and say "uhhh" rather than try to speak. The girls loved the fireworks on the 4th of July. We met up with David and Gloria Ash at Bridge Street to watch the fireworks on the 4th of July. We made a quick stop at the Chocolate Crocodile to pick up some chocolate covered marshmallows for the girls and a butter-scotch haystack for us then parked out on the lawn. Lisi's marshmallow was not eaten but disintegrated in her hand over the next 2 hours. Evie absolutely loved the fireworks. She had the biggest smile and some times she got so excited that she would uncontrollably begin clapping. It was a lot of fun. I only have 2.5 weeks of school remaining this summer. Actually I only have 2.5 week of school remaining in my Electrical Engineering undergraduate programme. As of August 1st, I should have my degree in hand. I have been working as a summer intern with a local company Dynetics and have accepted the offer of full-time employment beginning August 11th. It appears we will be around Huntsville a while longer. We are ready to get out of our apartment and into a house. It will probably be at least another 7 months as we are about to sign another lease renewal.
It is just an exciting time of life. We have a lot of decisions to make and we are trying to seek the Lord's guidance. The following photos highlight some of the good times.

5 comments:

Jessica Eastman said...

The pictures are adorable!

The Walker Family said...

Yeah! When I graduated college with my degree, it was the best feeling in the world to me! I am so proud of you Jude! YOu'll remember this moment forever. No doubt you and Ashley are doing what the Lord wants you to do. Make sure you post a pix of you and your degree surrounded by your family. Congratulations again!

Clarissa said...

Well, we're happy you'll be around here at least for a little while longer : ). The pictures are completely darling!

Brandie Lyon said...

Those girls are so beautiful.

Brandie Lyon said...

You know, if you wanted to experience other places I'm sure Jason could get you a job here in CO!!! I've been trying to convince Aaron and Mandy to move here, but they won't take me up on it.