Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pray for Kyle

Many of you may know already that our brother-in-law Kyle has been in the hospital for a week now. He was diagnosed with mono a few weeks ago which caused his spleen to swell. He was in an accident last Saturday that ruptured his spleen. They decided last night that it was not going to heal on its own and that the best thing to do would be to remove it. Upon removing it they found that he had developed blood clots in his lungs and is at risk of developing more clots. At first they had intended to sedate him for a couple of days while he was on a ventilator in hopes that they could get rid of the clots with some blood thinner. However, because of his incision from surgery he is not able to take any blood thinners. He will now be placed in a comatose state for 7-10 days in hopes that his body will reabsorb the clots. This is very serious. Please keep Kyle and his family in your prayers. Thank you.

12 comments:

Mandy said...

Is he at Huntsville Hospital? What can we do?

Cari said...

Holy! I had no idea. We will most definitely be praying for them. Please, please keep us updated.

Jude and Ashley said...

He is at Huntsville Hospital...I'm not sure of any details myself because of recent events. Just keep him and Carly and their family in your prayers. I really appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

I will remember him and his family in my prayers. If there is anything that I can do please let me know.

Clarissa said...

You know they're in our prayers. I love them so much! Please let us know if there is anything else they need at all.

Beth said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't know! We will definitely be praying for him. Has anyone put him on the temple prayer roll? I'll call down there now and do so.

Jude and Ashley said...

Thank you all. Beth, I did call the Nashville Temple this morning.

Dawn, said...

Thank you for letting us know. My heart is breaking for Carly and how scared she must be.

Sandy said...

We have been praying and will continue to do so. Diane is keeping me posted. I blogged and asked for prayers as well.

Mickey said...

They are in our prayers. Mickey and I just adore them!

Debbie said...

Carly called me last week to let me know that he was in the hospital and said he was going to be moved out of the ICU onto a regular medical floor. I never heard anything back until yesterday when she told me he was back in the ICU. I just hate that they're having to go through this! We were able to go visit with Carly and Kyle's parents up at the hospital today. What a rollercoaster it has been for them! We are definitely praying for them! I know Carly won't ask for help, so if you know of anything they need, please let us know!!

Kim Mayfield said...

Kyle and Carly both are in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated, and let us know if there is anything that they need.