There are a few details that need to be corrected from my recent post.
Correction number 1/2: Only one of my lights was obliterated. For some reason I thought that both had been destroyed but one is perfectly intact. I failed to notice that somehow.
Correction number 1: my hood will open. I was trying to pry my hood open with a pry bar a few days after the accident, and after a few pries, I let it be. A day or two later George Walker stopped to look at my car for a minute and he began undoing the bolt on the latch that holds hood down (it was easy to access since the grill was busted out. About this moment I had the most amazing flash of insight, "Jude, pop the hood". I hadn't tried that yet. Sure enough it worked.
Correction number 2: not being a car guy, I did not know that the venty thing that was bent up is actually the fins to my air-conditioning unit and not my radiator. My air-conditioner does not work anyways, so no loss there anyhow. There is a bend in the front framework of my car that needs to be pulled out, but George says it is easy and he will help. So it turns out that the only expenditure will be one new light housing which george says could be about $60. Not bad.
Correction number 3: I spoke demeaningly of my wonderful wife by hinting that she was not compassionate towards me in the post. That is not true at all; she cares for me very much. I have retracted those lines from the post. I did it thinking it to be funny, but it is never funny to be funny at someone's expense. I am sorry.
Correction number 1/2: Only one of my lights was obliterated. For some reason I thought that both had been destroyed but one is perfectly intact. I failed to notice that somehow.
Correction number 1: my hood will open. I was trying to pry my hood open with a pry bar a few days after the accident, and after a few pries, I let it be. A day or two later George Walker stopped to look at my car for a minute and he began undoing the bolt on the latch that holds hood down (it was easy to access since the grill was busted out. About this moment I had the most amazing flash of insight, "Jude, pop the hood". I hadn't tried that yet. Sure enough it worked.
Correction number 2: not being a car guy, I did not know that the venty thing that was bent up is actually the fins to my air-conditioning unit and not my radiator. My air-conditioner does not work anyways, so no loss there anyhow. There is a bend in the front framework of my car that needs to be pulled out, but George says it is easy and he will help. So it turns out that the only expenditure will be one new light housing which george says could be about $60. Not bad.
Correction number 3: I spoke demeaningly of my wonderful wife by hinting that she was not compassionate towards me in the post. That is not true at all; she cares for me very much. I have retracted those lines from the post. I did it thinking it to be funny, but it is never funny to be funny at someone's expense. I am sorry.

1 comments:
Oh my gosh, you're pregnant!! And you didn't call me. I understand. Wow, how exciting. Congrats, I'm really happy for you guys!
Post a Comment