Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hey big head!

Toddlers do not lie. Well maybe they do lie about being tired or needing to go to the potty, but never about physical appearance. I have always known that my upper body was large...no, not my overly muscular chest and arms, but my head. Well today I was sitting down at the table eating some apple sauce with Evie. Evie was studying me with this curious look on her face and she finally says, "Your face is big. [she pauses] and your head is big. [she takes a longer pause] Your chin is big too." I am just glad she left my nose out; or maybe she realized it was just to obvious and did not require verbal enumeration. I have come to accept this truth as self-evident: my skull is large and at the age of 43 and one-half I will be doomed to spend the rest of my days staring at the ground because my neck muscles will have given up. All in good humor.
Jude Collins

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL. I love kids!

Debbie said...

haha... the honesty of kids is really scary! I especially love it when they point out your zits as if you're not already insecure about them enough ;-)

Sandy said...

LOL!! that is too funny Jude.